[IPk] Re: Charlie

In a message dated 07/10/2002 22:33:36 GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> As I have said previously, despite a very carefully
> controlled
> > diet, different insulins etc Charlie's average BM is between 18 and 30
> most
> > days but about 3 or 4 most mornings. Why is it that he does not feel
> unwell
> > with such high sugar? As a school teacher I remember diabetic children
> > feeling as bad with high sugar as low. Mind you, Charlie has no symptoms
> > before he crashes out either!

Hello Barbara D

I read about Charlie's blood sugar results and it interested me.  Thing is, I
am diabetic and so is my daughter, and although we do feel symptoms when our
blood sugars are too low, we never feel that much different when they are
very high (above 18).  We both feel a bit tired and more thirsty usually.

My daughter's pump is here waiting to be connected on 28th October.  We live
in the Cheshire area and struggled a bit at first because we did not know of
a hospital who had patients on pumps and then we were soon to realize that
some do adults and not children, and the other way around.

I hope you get sorted with a pump and keep us informed of how it's going.

Barbara Watson