Re: [IPk] Other doctors ( well some of them) - I give up...

I don't suppose this doctor could be put in touch with mine?  I have
demonstrated that while I'm on holiday, my control is much better.  If
I'm not attempting to do any research, let alone work for a living, but
simply spending a lot of time on diabetes management and watching bad
Elvis movies and reading Dorothy Sayers, then I get great results.

You would think he would encourage me to continue this lifestyle, by
forcing my employers to give me early retirement on medical grounds,
wouldn't you!

Thankfully, most doctors do seem to realise that diabetes doesn't equal
a private income ...  even if they have difficulty in recognising that
if the lifestyle can't be fitted to the diabetes, there's another area
to look at making alterations!

Best wishes to all,

(dm 30+, 508 1+, currently damaging her diabetes control in a seemingly
fruitless search for a street-address to long/lat converter for places
in Oslo)

In message <001401c26c1e$be01c180$email @ redacted>, Abigail King
<email @ redacted> writes
>Just have to share this one..
>Guy in his 40s who has had DM for some years and works on a farm was told by
>diabetes consultant that his problems with poor control would be helped by
>avoiding " inappropriate activity". This was within the last few years
>" You are a Diabetic. You will have to learn to sit still and be quiet* You
>must stop all this inappropriate activity"
>(* and not ask for expensive treatment like glargine or pumps or an adequate
>supply of strips or proper advice on how to manage your condition)
>If it wasn't so hilarious it would be tragic ( or should that be the other way
>The mind boggles....

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)