[IPk] Re: Mary the doctor

Hello Mary

With me, the internet has been my source of information and knowledge
especially about the insulin pump.  I have learnt a lot from the pump
companies themselves and from other pump users.  I would say that this has
helped me argue the case with mine and my daughter's consultants about going
on a pump.

I have bought a pump for my daughter and we are just waiting for connection
but it was a struggle to get the consultant to agree to still see her at the
clinic because he had not seen or had any experience of the pump.  However,
it has turned out that he is willing to learn and is looking forward to
seeing Danielle at the clinic.  Actually, he wants me to prove to him that
the pump helps sort out her highs and lows that she experiences so often.  He
is definitely not convinced, and I can't promise miracles, but hopefully even
if Danielle's trial doesn't work out for the best, he will have learnt
something and so will we.

I appreciate it must be frustrating for doctors and medical staff to find
that patients are well armed with information so I can sympathise with any

Barbara Watson