Re: [IPk] Sasha's gym class and insulin

Hi Jackie

> You're back quick from the US!!

Well I left last Tuesday and got back yesterday morning.
Once I had my new pump, I managed very well with my BG levels (now I've
established "conference basal rates" which means raising my basals since
conferences generally involve sitting around most of the day). It also helped
that there was an exercise room complete with a good selection of gym
equipment in the hotel (and I was up early most mornings due to jetlag), and
there was lots of healthy food available like salads and fruit.

> I think I will try the same meal and less insulin, she eats about an hour
> before gym and if that doesn't work I will split the meal and insulin like
> you said.  I will let you know what happens.

Let us know how you get on. I sometimes do the "meal with less insulin" thing
when for some reason I need to eat first (or if I'm just hungry!) and
sometimes it works, but I don't like to rely on it.

The problem with gymnastics and injection sites is that wherever you're
injecting, those muscles are going to be used so the insulin absorption will
be faster. Unlike e.g. football or running where you don't use your arms so