RE: [IPk] Medtronic MiniMed Helpline

>                Hi Hannah
>                When I had a problem with my pump (Friday evening), your 24
>                 hr helpline had never heard of an insulin pump and promised
>                 that someone would call me back.  No-one did until I called
>                 you first thing Monday morning.  I think the problem is that
>                we need to get through to the US helpline ourselves as the
>                 call-back option does not seem to work.
>                 Bev

yes, this was exactly my problem. I made 6 calls to the emergency helpline
before someone from the US helpline called me back. I am glad to say that I
finally received my replacement pump on Wednesday morning (at my hotel in the
US). My first call to the UK helpline was on Saturday morning. But this
involved me having to remove the batteries and replace them every time I
wanted to use the pump (not content with the sticky button episode, the pump
then decided to tell me the power was off every few minutes, even though it
was still delivering basal insulin).