Re: [IPk] hospitals, sliding scales etc

In my reply to the question re DKA and treatment of I was merely speculating
why IV insulin was administered . The person concerned had previously stated
that she was barely able to check her blood glucose and too poorly to
administer stat subcut insulin .With a BG of >33mols/litre and in the state
of having to be admitted then I would assume she was ketoacidotic and needed
resuscitating. I was only surmising as to why they did not start pump
therapy again yes I can see the anti medic point iof view but surely they
(and YOU!) can be defended too.I did not mean to start this doctor god thing
it seems to have all got out of hand. I would like to emphasise that I WAS
only talking about a severe DKA state and not the normal run of things.