Re: [IPk] Glycaemic index ( previously Desert Foods)

I must make an exception to what has recently been said about eating foods
with a low glycaemic index (fast carbohydrate absorbing foods). For me, I can
keep excellent blood sugar control by eating foods with a high glycaemic
index. The fast CHO absorbing foods tend to give me high postprandial (after
meals) blood sugars. If I try to prevent these postprandial highs by taking
extra insulin at meal time, I find myself at risk of going hypo later in the
day. I use humolog but its action lasts longer than the fast carbohydrate
absorbing foods.

I am sorry but I strongly disagree with the suggestion that low glycaemic
index foods are of more use for people with type 2, or for people with either
type 1 or 2 who do not use the very fast insulins. I think that all people,
with or without diabetes, can benefit by eating high glycaemic index foods.