[IPk] hospitals, sliding scales etc

I think that in the absence of loss of consciousness( including due to
anaesthaesia), cognitive impairment or severe illness resulting in DKA, it
is totally unacceptable for anyone with DM to not be allowed total autonomy,
if they are well motivated and usually run their diabetes successfully. If
hospitalisation is not a direct result of diabetes ( ie DKA, whether due to
self neglect or severe infection or other circumstances) then surely medical
staff, who do not have to suffer the consequences of hypo or hyperglcaemia,
should not be allowed to sabotage  a person's well being by forcing them
off a pump and back on to injections, especially if they had a dreadful time
on the latter.
If someone was to experience a severe hypo in hospital and this did not
happen at home, due to hospitals meddling with that persons condition, could
this result inproblems with the DVLA for that person?

I'm not sure that anyone could legally refuse to allow someone to continue
on the pump. If it resulted in wrestling with someone to get the pum,p off
them and forcing them to have an injection (physically) and the person was
not mentally compromised this would surely constitute assault.