RE: [IPk] Desert Foods

I remain sceptical about the role of the glycemic index in intensively
controlled Type 1 diabetes.

I still find the gycaemic index useful (www.mendosa.com/gilists.htm) but for
reasons exactly opposite to when I was on injections and using soluble
insulin (a five hour action curve for me). The glycaemic index pointed me in
the direction of foods such as lentils, chana dal, barley and, indeed,
cactus (which I could get when in San Francisco!). And now I'm quite afraid
of eating some of these foods, because they don't go well with humalog, even
when using the square wave feature. So now I look for foods at the opposite
end of the scale, such as rice and potatoes. Which, for me, is
disappointing, because I prefer the chana dal and barley!