Re: [IPk] Medical Conservatism (was medical ignorance)

Hi Julian
Well I'd say in academic research in general, that's not really the case.
but you can't really generalise, because it really depends on the specific
field. Certainly in my field it's not at all like that - very much the
opposite in fact. Bright sparks, new young blood, and ideas from other fields
are actively encouraged.  People get bored with the same old crusty ideas and
the same old crusty people.
I can't really speak for the field of medicine, but no doubt Nanette or
someone else can. My feeling is that medicine is still quite traditional in
that respect, but things are changing there too.