RE: [IPk] Oh for an easy life..... :)

> I'm sorry to be a bit of a killjoy, chaps, but I actually
> went on the pump to
> simplify the often complicated lifestyle that accompanies
> diabetes.  Now I
> find that I need not only Masters-level understanding of
> endocrinology, but
> also mathematics, geography, and political science (unless
> the new Primary
> Care Groups funding route makes the whole funding issue
more
> straightforward)!!

I think the issue is that when dealing with long-acting
insulin this knowledge would of been of limited benefit - now
with a pump it can transform your life!

The point about funding is well made.  I am still battling
on!

Bev

_______________________________________
Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader

Phone: 0118  929 2422
Fax: 0118 929 2660
> I'm sorry to be a bit of a killjoy, chaps, but I actually
> went on the pump to
> simplify the often complicated lifestyle that accompanies
> diabetes.  Now I
> find that I need not only Masters-level understanding of
> endocrinology, but
> also mathematics, geography, and political science (unless
> the new Primary
> Care Groups funding route makes the whole funding issue
more
> straightforward)!!
>
> Can I just say, that since starting on my beloved H-Tron
last
> May, my entire
> life has changed beyond recognition - I was diagnosed aged
3,
> 31 years ago,
> so this is a whole new way of life.  In fact, there's very
> little I'd change
> right now!!  So there!
>
> Having had that brief (and v lighthearted!) whinge, I do
find

________
> This message has been checked for all known viruses by the
> Message Labs Virus Control Centre.

Registered in England No: 3763515
Registered Address:
			100 Thames Valley Park Drive