RE: [IPk] Clocks back...

Sorry to come in on this conversation late on but, every day of the year
the sunrise sunset changes by 2 minutes or there abouts. So in effect
you are only making a 30 day jump in one go. Also if the body works to
sunrise sunset what does it do on a really cloudy day when it will get
dark quicker also.

I believe metabolism startup and shut down are controlled by Sunrise
sunset so I would presume that basal rates should therefore be adjusted
to adjust to this but I believe this the start up is triggered by light.
E.g. If I lie in on the weekend with the curtains open my metabolism
kicks off about 1 Hr after sunrise wheter I am awake or not so I see a
rise in BG soon afterwards. If I have the curtains closed this does not
happen as the body doesn't know It is daytime (I Presume)Once ths
metabolism is up and running the body will need the the same basal for
the the daylight hours plus an adjustment for the extra time it is
daylight. There fore going to the equator would need an  adjustment in
basal rare to allow for the extra hours of daylight and I would also
presume for the less hours of Night also an adjustment should be made.

So I think if the clocks go back then basal rates should not be altered
as the amount of daylight is still the same but you should change the
clock on your pump to compensate. This change should be made last thing
at night when the bodies metabolim is in slow down so you will see the
smallest change in BG's.

Does that make any sense to anyone else????

Miles