Re: [IPk] FW: Funding for pumps?

In May, I finally convinced my consultant that a pump would be very
beneficial for my health. We made an informal agreement that I would by buy
the pump and the LHA would fund the running costs. In July I undertook two
508 pump training exercises at his clinic.

However, when I requested funding he said he didn't realise I was just going
out to buy the pump and funding wasn't available.

I'm surviving by extending the cannula replacement period and hence reducing
the running costs. This mostly works but, occasionally, I have some serious
BG highs when the insulin fails to feed through.

Please send me the funding information pack.

Allan, T1 for 46 years, 508 for 4 months.