Re: [IPk] (Fwd) They published my reply in the BMJ

Quick update on the British Medical Journal pump debate...

Harry Keen and John Pickup wrote a fairly uncontroversial article about
pumps a few months ago.

G Knight wrote a response a few weeks ago, saying pumps cause DKA and are
very dangerous.

Ellan Ullman, who runs the "KidsRPumping" website at
http://members.aol.com/CamelsRFun/index.html has submitted a "Rapid
Response" which you can read at

She very firmly writes "Shame on physicians for not availing themselves of
every opportunity to train their patients in the use of CSII. Shame on G.
Knight for taking the cowardly view that rather than a physician learning
and subsequently empowering their patients, they should hide."

Abigail King is, I believe, about to submit a medical response, quoting
other doctor's research.

I myself have just submitted a response as a patient. I will know within 24
hours whether it is to be displayed on the website. If it is, it will be on
the same page as Ellen's response above.

If anyone else wants to respond, the full text of G Knight's letter is here:

and he concludes "I suggest that physicians should avoid being coerced into
dabbling in pump therapy by patients or pressure groups."

mailto:email @ redacted