Re: [IPk] Sliding scale vs. pumps

=20?= com>

> >I don't understand why they took me off my pump and put me on a sliding
> scale for insulin, when the pump was more than capable of delivering the
> required doses of insulin (6 units/hour initially).

Well I would guess there are several possible reasons:
(1) insulin delivered intravenously works much faster than when delivered
(2) they didn't know much about pumps so they were happier dealing with what
they knew
(3) it's possible there could have been a problem with your pump and it
wasn't functioning properly (of course, you probably knew that this wasn't
the case, but they didn't)