Re: [IPk] Square Wave Bolus

I am find that for breakfast CHO, 25% more insulin than 'expected', over
2 - 3 hours, and that for dinner, I need 25% less insulin than expected
right now, and the 'missing' 25% over the next 2 hours - but if it is a
low fat/low protien (aka high CH0 dinner - e.g.pasta with a
tomato/veggie sauce) then I need to reduce the split, or take the square
over a shorter time, and, conversely, a very high fat/high protein
dinner (duck and mozzarella with a little ciabatta) then the split needs
to be longer and more - and maybe even a little more insulin.  It's all
very much guesswork - I need to do a detailed research exercise - but I
don't have time!

Best wishes to all

dm 30+, 508 6months+

I need In message <000001c15bdd$804d63a0$email @ redacted>, Miles Powley
<email @ redacted> writes
>What foods do people use square wave boluses for how do they decide what
>the split should be?
>I am about to try experimenting and wondered if anyone had any advice.

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)