Re: [IPk] Humalog by pump. Official?

In message <l0313030fb7f9b1328dc2@[]>, John Neale
<email @ redacted> writes
>Not sure I agree with switching off your insulin if you have a hypo... it's
>a nice idea, but in me in would take at least 30 minutes to see my bg start
>to rise, and that is when I would need the insulin most to stop a rebound.
>Hmmm. Anyone else had this advice?

No.  I have twice tried to do something with the pump when hypo.  Both
dimes I completely messed up (first time I tried to set a temp basal
rate, and got confused between 0.1 and 1.0 - fortunately I realised I
was confused and stopped trying to do it.  Another time I realised that
my doctor's idea of raising my basal at 4am because I had a wide spread
of bgs at 6am was stupid - I already got a hypo a week first thing, and
what might be a rebound, a couple of normals and a couple of highs ...
raising the basal just increased the number of hypos and rebounds,
cutting out the normals!  So I decided to reprogramme the pump.
AAAAGGGH.  I did this very thoroughly!  I will never touch it again
while hypo!

Best wishes to all,

(dm 30+, 508 6months+)
Pat Reynolds