Re: [IPk] (Fwd) They published my reply in the BMJ

Hi Michael,

I also am replying, as you say many of his comments are inaccurate not to
say out of date! all of his references come from the eighties, he obviously
doesn't read up to date studies.

As far as INPUT is concerned, I do not think anything you may write in reply
will upset any applecarts here. All the professionals I have spoken to about
this are very angry with his article.

Awareness in the UK is now on a "Roller Coaster" we are getting serious
interest and action from some very large hospitals. The latest being St
James's in Leeds ("Jimmies") a very famous childrens hospital who are very
keen on pushing pumps forward for children and are setting up a "steering
committee" to look at the funding issues.

The Health Boards in Northern Ireland and all of the Health Authorities in
Wales are looking to form a common policy and criteria for funding pumps
across all of their regions. Across the rest of the UK around 50% of Local
Health Authorities have funded between 1 and 60 pumps.

I don't believe that anything Dr Knight says or writes will stem the tide,
So all power to your pen Michael!!

John Davis,