RE: [IPk] poorly-controlled diabetics are following me

the key thing is that you can only help people who want to be helped.

This part I'm well aware of: it's true in any sphere of life. I'm hoping
that, as you say, things will rub off. But unfortuantely a lot of people
_aren't_ well informed, because their medical team (sic) don't tell them.
And because we work with this 'doctor knows best' model, they assume they
don't need to know because the medical people haven't told  them. This
problem is rampant throughout medicine as well.