Re: [IPk] FW: Funding for pumps?

On Monday 22 October 2001 10:50, you wrote:
> John
> Regarding funding - I have been waiting over two months for a
> response from my Primary Care Group.  I had a letter after a
> month saying my case was being considered but it was
> complicated (!).  Is a wait of this length of time usual?  I
> have sent them some updated spreadsheets and my latest Hba1c
> to add to the pile of information that I have already sent
> them and am waiting to hear.
> Should the result be negative is there a formal appeal
> procedure or do I simply request a review and continue my
> bombardment by post?
> Beverley

HI Beverley
It may differ according to the LHA, but in my case my initial request for
funding of the actual pump was refused, because they claimed there wasn't a
good reason for upgrading to a newer model (which is what I was requesting).
As far as they were concerned the case was closed, but my consultant wrote
back and told them there was a very good reason (which she had told them the
first time, but they obviously chose to ignore) - that I couldn't see the
screen on my old pump - since there was no light or audio bolus). She
basically bombarded them by mail until they gave in and funded the pump.