[IPk] getting connected

Hi All

Well, the big day has arrived.  Tomorrow my son, Steven (11) goes on the
minimed pump.

I know it is the right choice, but as a mother I have very mixed
feelings tonight. He has the pump - great! - but funding is still to be
found and the obstacles seem endless at a time when you least need it
(i.e. when getting your head round the intricacies of pump therapy).  If
the pump doesn't suit - what then?

I suppose it's only natural to feel anxious and excited at the same time
at this stage!

I've done so much reading and learning about the pump that my brain
feels pickled!

Any good tips to do with a child on a pump would be gratefully received!

Alison Orchard