RE: [IPk] Pork insulin/ novorapid

>In that light, I do not understand why the general
diabetic population who had no problems with animal insulin were moved onto
the newly developed synthetic 'human' insulin.

I suspect, John, that this decision has as much to do with marketing as with
anything else. And the subsequent scandal definitely strikes me as a matter
of putting the companies before the clients.

This is an excellent opportunity to reiterate that, while only three
insulins have been put forward for regulatory approval for use in a pump,
you can in fact use any clear, non-cloudy insulin in a pump, with the
exception of the new insulin gluargine. And correct me if I spelled that