RE: [IPk] Pork insulin/ novorapid

>In that light, I do not understand why the general
diabetic population who had no problems with animal insulin were moved onto
the newly developed synthetic 'human' insulin.

I suspect, John, that this decision has as much to do with marketing as with
anything else. And the subsequent scandal definitely strikes me as a matter
of putting the companies before the clients.

elizabeth

PS

This is an excellent opportunity to reiterate that, while only three
insulins have been put forward for regulatory approval for use in a pump,
you can in fact use any clear, non-cloudy insulin in a pump, with the
exception of the new insulin gluargine. And correct me if I spelled that
wrong!