UKPDS was RE: [IPk] FW: GHb and A1C

>firstly, the change towards controlling BP as much as glucose. Basically,
now have more detail mainly from the UKPDS study into Type 2, which shows
that tight BP control has an even bigger impact on outcomes than tight
glucose control.

Has anyone read the article in the British Medical Journal saying that the
design of the UKPDS was flawed to the point where the resutls aren't
reliable? I only got a chance to have a quick glance at the summary -
haven't read the entire thing yet. I'm wondering if this is just jostling
within the medical community or if the authors have a point.