Re: [IPk] FW: GHb and A1C

>I thought that A1C and HbA1C were slightly different. They measure the same
>thing, but the way they work is slightly different. Bit like the Fructosamine
>test, which is similar to HbA1C but is a lot cheaper and I think only
>measures "average BG" for the last month rather than last 3 months.

It's certainly a jungle out there... without changing clinic, my HbA1c once
fell by 1%. Yes, said my consultant, they had changed their way of
measuring it! And again last year my HbA1c rose by 0.9% for no particular
reason, and after much belly-aching at my clinic they finally conceded that
yes, the reference range had changed - ie they'd changed the way they
measured it...

mailto:email @ redacted