RE: [IPk] FW: GHb and A1C

>Anyone know
anything about this change of tactic?

Speaking of change of tactics, the consultant I saw on Monday told me the
hospital had changed the upper normal level for hbA1c from 5.5 to 5.9 - but
they hadn't changed the test. He said they're trying to find out what the
story is.

And on the clinic note, the consultant was actually ok! He seemed to know
what we're trying to achieve with pumps (that's a first in consultants I've
met), he had person skills, he did not have power and information issues,
and he tended to treat me like a human being. It was a lovely contrast to
the nurse, who told me you should always wash your hands before testing. I
assume she also takes a tough line on injecting through your clothing.