Re: [IPk] Being on the Minimed

Hi Kai

I to am new on this thing called the MiniMed pump 508 to and I have been on
it for nearly two weeks.

This is the first week with insulin and I am getting much better blood
sugars at the moment hoping they will get better.

You ask about showering well I don't show but I do bath and the first
infusion set I had a go at was the Sof-set this had a disconnecting
attachment about 25 centimetres from the needle end and you twist and pull
out and let it dangle along side you so a shower or bath is not problem.

The other is the Silhouette set and third has a disconnecting lock that is
right on top of the skin and you squeeze these and pull and they disconnect
and you have a little attachment to plug in the  opened end that is on you
skin and you can bath and shower as much as you like

Also if you are thinking about going swimming there is a plastic little box
called the SportGuard and you slid the pump in to it and strap the thing to
you waist I also have this but have not had the opportunity to use it yet.

Now for the batteries I have not changed them yet I have been told they last
6 week but if you use the little key ring remote control this take a lot of
power from the batteries so I will not be using it well not yet anyway, and
if you are told by the pump use are to change them as soon as you can in
other word you are to carry the spear set with you takeout supply box.

                                                            Good luck Donald