Re: [IPk] Being on the Minimed

>1) I have some problems taking a shower with the pump, because, as i was told
>by Minimed, the pump is NOT waterproof. How did you manage this point without
>taking off the whole thing??

Just like my clothes, I take the pump off when I go in the shower :-) My
pump doesn't normally need washing. In fact, the pump will probably stay in
my trouser pocket. Tender, Silhouette, SofSet QR, QuickSet, Rapid D - they
all disconnect in half a second.

When I started on the pump, and was self-funding, I used the SofSet without
the QR. When in the shower I would put the pump in a Tuppaware food box
with a small slit cut in it to let the tubing out. But now a just

>2) What about the batteries: How long is it possible to take the pump without
>changing them??

About 2 months for me.

mailto:email @ redacted