[IPk] Being on the Minimed

Hi everybody!

I am on the Minimed 508 since 3 days. It's fantastic!! But there are some
questions that occured to me (by the way: i am not a youngster concerning

1) I have some problems taking a shower with the pump, because, as i was told
by Minimed, the pump is NOT waterproof. How did you manage this point without
taking off the whole thing??

2) What about the batteries: How long is it possible to take the pump without
changing them??

Thanks for answering these questions (hope there won't be more!! ;--)) )

Kai from Germany