Re: [IPk] Esprit meters

I like the Esprit meter, mainly because of all the
averages which it calculates. But my GP only gives me
two boxes of discs at a time, due to their expense
(yes, I know, I should get my diabetes team to write,
but I've never got round to it!).

St George's Hospital had an open evening on Tuesday,
with reps from Minimed, Disetronic, Glucowatch and
Accuchek. There seem to be so many drawbacks with the
Glucowatch that I can't imagine many people buying it
- am I wrong?! I can see it would be useful for
measuring overnight fluctuations but apart from that,
well I'd quite happily finger prick every 20 minutes!

Anyway, one childish outcome from the evening: I have
got a new Accuchek meter which looks like a mobile
phone - cool! It only takes 5 seconds but you still
have to take strips out of a tub so on balance I
prefer the Esprit.

I love all this technology!!

Jenny Davey
Mathematics Department