RE: [IPk] Sites and bg's

I wonder if Nanette and Judith's experiences are of 'slow onset' type I
diabetes (there's an acronym for this, but I can't remember what it is).
Apparently, the beta cells in some adults who develop type I stop producing
insulin very slowly and so you could get spurts of 'normality'. Richard
Bernstein maintains that if you catch this process early enough and begin a
rigourous low carb diet you can reduce the stress on the pancreas and
thereby maintain the function of the remaining functioning beta cells and
the person may need no or very little exogenous insulin. And that's all I
know about it!