[IPk] RE: Esprit Meters, Palm Pilots and BG records

Many thanks to everyone that responded regarding my incorrect
meter reading.  I can now see that you need to check the
sensor strip is filled with blood and have notice the air
bubble that forms if you don't have quite enough blood.  The
moral of this story is probably that I really should read the

 Unfortunately being a full-time working mum with two small
children is not conducive to manual reading despite my love
of gadgets.  Speaking of which I have been given a new Palm
Pilot at work, which I played about with for a couple of
weeks and then forgot about returning to my (in my eyes) less
complicated Psion (probably felt less complicated because I
couldn't face the manual that came with the Palm).  I keep
monthly spreadsheets of my bgs in excel (I never down-load
the meter even though I alway purposely buy one that has that
functionality - why do I do that? I simply write the results
down with what I eat onto a piece of paper and update the
spreadsheet a couple of times a week)  I am now thinking
though that given that I have a port for my Palm on my PC at
work perhaps I should down-load a couple of months onto my
Palm to carry about with me.  I have a habit of going into
restaurants and making the same mistakes all over again
because I can't remember how much I bolused the last time.

Does anyone else try and carry a subset of their bg history
around with them?

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader