Re: [IPk] Wheat

John, that's fascinating.
As some of you know, I made exactly the same discovery a few weeks ago.
Not only is my control much better, but I have a lot more energy.
I discovered some months ago that not eating sandwiches (wheat) at lunchtime
gave me better mid-afternoon BGs and left me more awake. I found lunchtime
the worst for this. But then I tried replacing my breakfast wheat cereal with
rice and corn-based ones, and pasta with rice/potatoes. I haven't really
changed my total carb consumption. The results have been similar to John's.
I've slipped up a few times - mostly because I keep forgetting that things
have wheat in - like the samosa I had for breakfast on Saturday.....
I've found that I can get away with small amounts of wheat, or the occasional
slice of bread, so it's not too bad.
Di