Re: [IPk] actrpid vs humalog

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, you wrote:
>I have seen that some people use either actrapid or humalog insuilin in the
>pump. Do you get a choice I have never tried Humalog but would be swayed by
>it;s apparently quicker action, Does anyone have any preferences? Carmel

Hi Carmel
Yes, you have a choice. Most people use Humalog because of its faster
action, which means you can bolus just before, during or even after you
eat, and that you can lower any highs much more quickly.

Some people use Actrapid because they have some kind of reaction to
Humalog. Others prefer the longer action of Actrapid with meals (sometimes
the action of the Humalog can be over before the action of the carbs is
finished). You can get round this problem using Humalog and a square wave
bolus, however.

Just depends on personal preference.
You could try replacing Actrapid with Humalog on MDI (which presumably you
are currently on) and see how you like it.