RE: [IPk] no delivery and knots

> I have found that when I'm down to the dregs of the reservoir, I
> tend to get raised (unexplained) bgs.  It's only when I bolus to
> correct, nothing happens so I bolus again that it finally alarms.
> Very annoying.

Familiar problem.  The pump syringes are very slightly tapered so
that the mold insert that they are made on can be removed after the
plastic hardens. If the lubricant in the syringe is not evenly
spread when you put it in your pump, the fit to the plunger can
become so tight that the pump can not move the plunger. To help
alleviate this problem, cycle the plunger up and down 2-3 times while
turning it before loading with insulin. This will insure that the
lubricant is evenly spread AND reaches all the way to the bottom of
the syringe. After 2 uses, the lubricant is pretty much washed away,
so repeated use of the syringe is not recommended (it's only supposed
to be used once anyway).