[IPk] Sites

Can anyone offer me any advice on this, as today I had to change my site as
I could not get the connector to do back up after I had a shower, so I was
unattached for about 1/2 hour. I then connected up a new tubing etc, my bm
were fine for a little while (10) which is very good for me as I am new to
the pump, then over a space of 2 hours they shot up to 25, gave myself a
bolus of 7units, checked my bm again half an hour later still no change, so
then gave a dose by injection, then changed my site again. When I changed it
the first time today I was very careful with air in the tubing etc, but
cannot understand why this happened, has anyone any advise ? also I have
noticed that when I have the site on my left hand side after a few hours its
quite painful when I walk, this goes after a day or so, but on my right hand
side it fine, no problems ?

any advice would help.