[IPk] no delivery and knots

How possible do you think it is to get a reduced delivery without the
no delivery alarm going off?
I'm using a battered Minimed 506.
The reason I ask is because I've had highish BGs all morning - 12/13 - and
they barely came down when I bolused 2 units (should be 8 mmol/l lower).
I just looked at the tubing and noticed a HUGE knot in it which was fairly
tight - not just a single knot but a very complicated one - goodness knows
what I was doing in my sleep last night!
So my guess is that some insulin is getting through, but not all of it -
hence the lack of no delivery alarm but raised Bgs.