RE: [IPk] New FreeStyle bg meter

>I know there is an argument that the NHS should perhaps put them on
>prescription but the NHS probably does not see sore and scabby fingers as a
>major clinical problem, particularly if these strips are significantly more

>From the NHS's point of view, the main concern is not sore bruised fingers,
but the fact that people who get sore bruised fingers are less likely to
test as often as requested by their doctor. (4x daily is now recommended
even if you are not on a pump - but only a tiny proportion of people
actually do it)

The link between regular testing and good control is well established. So
anything that encourages people to test more regularly - like making it
less painful - will ultimately reduce complications.

mailto:email @ redacted