From: Anne Lindale & Alexander Lange [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2000 7:52 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IPk] Non DM question to Elizabeth O'Shea or any real dinkum
Americans

Hi Elizabeth or fellow Ameeericans

Just wondering if you can help out.  I have picked up a VERY old American
recipe book with a recipe for Blueberry Muffins in it.  Trouble is, it calls
for "shortening".  Can anyone please explain to me what I can use if, when I
ask for shortening at the supermarket, I get blank stares?

Thanks,
Annie.