RE: [IPk] New FreeStyle bg meter

>>This was great until I found it was not for distribution within the U.K.
>>Any ideas on a U.K equivalent???.
>I sent them an email yesterday asking this question. I'll let you know when
>I hear anything.

Got an email this morning from Therasense, who make the new FreeStyle bg meter:

The good news -

>TheraSense has entered into an agreement with Disetronics, (the pump
>company) to distribute FreeStyle product in Northern Europe. It is my
>understanding that distribution will begin in early 2001.

Now for the bad news -

I am told that the meter will not be released in the UK, as the strips are
too expensive, and the Department of Health will not pay for them.

So there we are.

It appears that Brits don't need a blood glucose meter that requires a
speck of blood no bigger than a pinhead, and will quite happily tolerate
sore scabby and bruised fingertips.

When I get some more info, I'll let you know.

mailto:email @ redacted