RE: [IPk] Gastroparesis

Dear Wendy. Do you not have any help from your hospital dietitian. You
sound like you have a few special requirements that aren't necessarily
going to be the same as everyone else on the pump. I doubt you got
gastroparesis by going on the pump. It could be you got a tummy
bug/virus which started it off, or you have had it for some time
undiagnosed. Managing gastroparesis may be easier on the pump - you can
give lengthened boluses for example which could co-incide with your
digestive process. It may take some experimentation - which may be
beneficial in going on a glucose sensor if your team has one. It will
show you the rise in glucose as digestion occurs. Good luck,