RE: [IPk] Carb Counting in the UK

Hi there paul and welcome.... Being the only dietitian i know on this ip
thing, you can rest easy that yes some of us are doing carb counting.
Doctors need to catch-up a bit and are stuck in the notion of restricted
carbohydrate measures from the past with 10g CHO lines. Pumps are
relatively new to UK (not europe) so conservative advice is generally
adhered to. They are relatively expensive so not many doctors have been
using them, and dietitians who don't understand it are a bit in the dark
ages.... Down in bournemouth we are starting to use them and provide
"education" sessions to help people start off agsain. If your mum's GP
wants more info I am happ[y to discuss the diet side of things with
him....
You can write to me directly : email @ redacted
Good luck regardless.....  :)