Re: [IPk] Carb Counting in the UK

Hi Paul

There has been a definite trend in the last few years away from carb
counting, some of which I can understand. At the end of the day I still
feel it is necessary to be able to assess the amount of carbs you eating -
regardless of whether you are type I or II because it can have a
significant impact.

I prefer John Hughes phrase of "carb assessment" rather than carb counting
and I have a meeting with the BDA in late November to find out what the
current thinking is on dietary advice and what has happened to carb
counting/assessment as part of a healthy diet.

Hopefully, I can put/make the point about how strongly people feel.

I am now off to the Diabetes Conference on the IoW.