Re: [IPk] post-meal BGs

Hi Di

You are never going to achieve a completely flat BG level, it just is not

When I first started on the pump in June 1998, I was taught that with a
correct meal bolus, the natural blood sugar variations are retained;
(assuming that the basal rate is set correctly).

2 hours after meal the BG should be1.7 - 2.2 mmol above the starting value.
4 hours after meal the BG should have returned to the initial level.

This is also the way to check that you have matched insulin with carb

However, I rarely achieve this, my BG often rises 3-4 mmol before returning
to around the initial level.

As I have said before, pump therapy is not an exact science, there or
thereabouts is good enough for me.

John Davis.