Re: [IPk] Annoyance

In message <l03130301b43887bf887d@[]>, John Neale
<email @ redacted> writes
>Pat - does your GP _really_ run a reorder-every-3-weeks for supplies? That
>sounds like an extraordinary waste of his and your time. Or is that the
>intention? :-( I did a postal repeat prescription, which would be collected
>automatically by the chemist. No visit to the surgery required. And we
>agreed to stock to the 3 month level 4 times a year...
The problem is test strips: I really don't want to draw attention to how
many I am using (I average 5 or 6 a day).  So three packs of 50 only
last a few weeks.  With my previous GP, I drew attention to how many I
use, I was told it was excessive, and I had to change to sight-only
ones, or buy half myself (I took the latter option).
Getting a prescription involves driving a mile out of my way on the way
to work to drop the repeat form into a box, and then a couple of days
later picking it up from reception and dropping it into the nearby
chemist (while I pop into a nearby shop and buy bread and milk). This is
bearable.  If I couldn't get to the surgery, I could post the form in,
and I could make arrangements for them to deliver it to the chemists - I
used to do this, but I'd rather check the prescription in the doctors,
in order to iron out errors more quickly.
I get two or three months supplies of all my other needs, so each
monthly repeat prescription has a different group of things on it, with
strips being the constant.
I have an annual review: at my old GP, this was mandatory.  The new one
was a bit surprised when I made and turned up for an appointment.

Best wishes to all,
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)