Re: [IPk] Annoyance

I agree with John here. For me, the annoyance of being attached to the
pump doesn't worry me at all. Although one of my biggest concerns was
how I would wear the pump when dancing, sleeping, etc. but even when
going out I find the convenience of being able to bolus by far
outweighs the inconvenience of wearing the pump. And if it didn't, I
could always detach it and take insulin by syringe.

As for supplies, I initially had some problems getting my infusion
sets when I needed them, but that was due to the clinic (who I get
them from) having a big increase in the number of people using them
and funding problems. Now I jstu call up a week or so before to check
the clinic have some in stock, and pop in whenever I want and pick
some up. If they don't have any, they order some and they arrive in a
couple of days.

I carry around a spare infusion set, syringe and cartridge of Humalog
in my bag, pretty much wherever I'm going if it's for more than a
couple of hours. For more than a day I take a cartridge of Actapid and
Insulatard too.

For prescriptions, I get a month's supply at a time. In my old GP's
surgery, I could ring up 48 hours before and order the repeat
prescription by phone. About every 6 months I would have to go and see
the doctor to get it renewed. At my new clinic I can't phone in my
request but I think I can send it by mail, or go in physically and ask
for it. Still only a month at a time but that's no big deal.

I don't find any of it a big deal, and I'm not particularly