Re: [IPk] Annoyance

In message <email @ redacted
>, Mike Jensen <email @ redacted> writes
>>...I tried
>pumping for 4 weeks and loved the improved control I got from it.
BUT, the
>big downers for me with pumping were:
>-      wearing the pump (it annoyed me a lot being attached to it)
>-      cost of the pump, plus ongoing cost of consumables
>-      managing consumables (making sure i didn't run out, etc etc)
>These things are highly significant to me and may decide me against the
>pump.  But the improved control and flexibilty were great!  MDI is easier to
>live with by far for me.
I'm still hoping to get the chance to find out these problems - so
learning at second hand is good!
I _think_ I can imagine the annoyance of being attached to a pump (kind
of like the annoyance of being attached to a Walkman vs having speakers
in every room of the house?), and I can definite relate to the annoyance
of having to pay money when the chances are, it will save society money.
But managing consumables?  I get prescriptions which last 3 or 4 weeks,
and buy needles which last a few months.  In both cases, I am always
realising I'm about to run out of something (a situation which usually
involves driving to the doctors to pick up a prescription, then belting
across Surrey to get to work on time, then going to the chemist in the
lunch hour, so I have enough supplies to take away with me that evening
for a few days out of the office.  Or having to raid my emergency stash
of stuff.  So what's different with the pump?  Is there a long turn-
around on consumables orders?

Best wishes,
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)