[IPk] Animas Corp

Also there's an entirely new pump manufacturer - Animas - about to hit the
market with their new R1000. See it at http://www.animascorp.com  The pump
seems to be smaller, thinner and lighter than either of the main Disetronic
or Minimed pumps, loaded with features missing from the current range of
pumps, and easier to refill. They reckon it will get US approval in the
next few months, and European approval by June 2000.

I have spoken with the International sales manager for Animas recently - the
pump seems packed with features, the best of which for me would be the very
low basal rate feature -

he told me that FDA approval is expected in early 2000 and that they may be
starting clinical trials in Europe soon - he was not specific as to
consultants or sites. They are also working on
a continuous bg monitoring system.

btw thank you to all who responded to my question about funding for a pump I
will be following up on the recommendations.