Re: [IPk] New pumps

In message <l0313033bb41fdc7cf19b@[]>, John Neale
<email @ redacted> writes
>I notice that Minimed have just released a new insulin pump... the 508.
>It looks much like the 507C, in the same casing, but it has 3 separate sets
>of basal rates - for workday/weekend/sickday for example. And it has an
>"almost out of insulin" alarm, rather than the current "you ran out an hour
>ago". Hurrah!
>But best of all, it has a remote control device, that hangs on your
>keyring. So you can hide the pump in your sock/bra/underpants etc, and do a
>bolus without having to get the pump out.
Personally, I am delighted by the idea of a three-basal-rate feature as,
like many women, I have three rates: pre-menstrual, menstrual, and rest
of the month. I hope that this will be the version offered when I get
onto a trial.

I suspect, though, when I get a sensor, I will find that I have far more
than three - there will be 'ovulation on a Friday' (the day when dinner
consists of things which can be dipped into sour cream), 'pre-menstrual
and having a grant deadline' 'the day after painting the guttering or
doing something else that passes for exercise', and so on.

Best wishes to all,
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)