[IPk] Pumps and high temperatures

     Just wondering if any of you know about the effect of high
     temperatures on pumps.

     I'm living in Kenya and sometimes this means spending time in direct
     sunlight with temperatures above 30C. As it is now, if I need to spend
     time in the sun I carry my pen in "Frio Pack" which seems to work
     well. However I have had occasions where I was convinced that my
     insulin had lost its powers (so to speak) because of exposure to high
     temps - resulting in a severe rise in BGs. My experience has been that
     insulin is not as robust one is led to believe and I have had to be
     extemely careful. How would this play out with a pump that you can't
     take off and keep in a cool pack?

     Secondly is there a higher risk of infusion site (set?) infection in
     hotter climates (due to perspiration,etc.), and is there more risk of
     infection because of the generally higher germ factor in developing

     Any response / sharing of experiences much appreciated.

     Paul "still mulling over pumps" Kennedy