RE: [IPk] BDA Oxford conference

Greetings all.

I've only just got back home after the Oxford BDA meeting over a week ago!
There was a slight change of plan, and I was thankful that I had put an
extra handful of infusion sets in my case... I was also starved of email
access, which is why I have been rather quiet :-)

It was great seeing everyone at the meeting. I think I counted 6 pumps in
use by various people at the conference - and it seemed to stir up a great
deal of interest. What was slightly depressing is that people were saying
"I think I want/need/would benefit from a pump. How do I get one?" And the
honest answer is "it depends". It depends on who your doctor is, it depends
on what region you live in, it depends on how rich you are, it depends on
how willing you are to fight...

I look forward to the UK reaching a position where a common standard is
used for assessing people's suitability for pump therapy - it does require
a strong commitment on behalf of the patient in order to reap the benefits
- and then the current lottery with regard to funding and availability can
be removed.

mailto:email @ redacted